Come join the largest IT Services firm in Stockton in providing best-in-class service to our customers. We're looking for smart, hard-working, and fun folks who's gig is serving people, learning about the latest technologies, and working with top-of-the-line equipment.
Verve IT is a large and growing firm focused on serving the small- to mid-sized business community in the San Joaquin Valley. Our employees are as valuable as our customers and we need more people just like you to join our team.
Our Service Technicians represent the foundation of our Service Delivery team. We need folks with personality, work ethic, strong communication skills, empathy, aptitude and technical know-how. Kick-ass ping-pong skills wouldn't hurt either. If this near-mythical combination of attributes sounds like you, please read on!
As a Service Technician, you are responsible for providing primary support for all technical issues to our customer base. You are expected to independently solve most issues you face with minimal supervision and escalate remaining issues to a higher level only when necessary. You must be highly skilled in resolving issues remotely, interacting positively with customers on the phone, and you must exhibit strong written communication skills. As field-based support is required, a high level of professionalism and presentation is important as well.
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, telephony, and other computer related technologies
- Set up and install new desktop, laptop and network equipment according to our standards ensuring proper installation of cabling, operating systems, and appropriate software
- Resolve the majority of technical issues without additional assistance
- Manage customer expectations through proper communication
- Provide proper follow-through to ensure issues are resolved to satisfaction
- Provide technical oversight to junior team members
- Provide assistance to senior team members when necessary
- Document and update installation, configuration, deployment and maintenance procedures
- Provide after-hours on-call emergency support as needed
- Adhere to standardized workflow and processes
- Participate in special projects as assigned by management
- Able to move PC equipment (monitors, printers, laptops, etc) as required to complete assigned installation and troubleshooting tasks
- Minimum 5+ years of hands-on technical experience with Windows Desktops, Servers, and Domain Environments in a customer-facing capacity.
- Experience in email systems such as Exchange and/or Office 365, or other specialized infrastructure and networking technologies, such as Cisco, VMware, Meraki, and/or storage is a strong plus.
- A+, Network+, Security+ or equivalent
- MCSE, MCITP and/or CCNA or equivalent